Re: [stella] Tentative plans for 2nd Edition Stella Guide

Subject: Re: [stella] Tentative plans for 2nd Edition Stella Guide
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:03:08 +0200
Brian wrote::
> > Some suggestions:
> > - commented code samples: 48 pixel display, calculating the values for horizontal positioning, random number generating, BCD arithmetics, reading joystick and switches (with debouncing)...
> > - a glossary for terms like "venetian blinds", "HMOVE blanks" ...
> > - an advanced programming chapter, with tips and tricks how to optimize for speed (inside kernel) and size (outside kernel)
>
> Advanced topics like these are the reason this is a collaborative project...
> Of the 5 topics you mentioned having code samples for, I only know how to write
> 3 of them so far. So if it were just me doing this, it'd have gapong holes in
> it...
>
> Any chance you'd have the time & inclination to get started on one of your
> suggested topics?

Sure, most of these topics can be found in the list. I could gather and organize them and maybe add something new. But due to my bad english you'll have to correct some of my writing and maybe ask me, if something isn't descibed exactly enough .

I could start with random number generating (also using my recent researches of 3 Activision games) and continue with the optimizing tips. Ok?

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |

IhrName@xxxxxx, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de