Re: [stella] New idea for 6 channel music on the 2600

Subject: Re: [stella] New idea for 6 channel music on the 2600
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:17:46 +0200
> >I hope, at least one of the emulators (z26?) will procude that music...
>
> Me too..  I don't wanna bust out the EPROM emulator, socketed cart, and
> 2600 if I don't have to :-)

z26 generates two samples per scanline. This is good enough
for the music in Pitfall 2 and the voices in Quadrun and
Open Sesame. I don't know how quickly the TIA handles changes
to the volume registers, but I guess the differences in the
sound output between z26 and a real VCS would not be too big
for your routine.

If you were limiting your code to three voices, would there be
enough time left for at least a two line graphics kernel?

And since you mentioned the polinomial counters for the object
positioning, could you post the formulas for these counters
please? That might explain some of the wierd positions that you
get when you change the positioning registers several times per
scanline.

Thanks, Eckhard Stolberg

-