Aw: [stella] Stelladoc v2 status report

Subject: Aw: [stella] Stelladoc v2 status report
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 18:35:45 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Brian!

> http://www.urchlay.com/stelladoc/v2/toc.html

It is a good starting base, but not really a V2 :-)

If this shall grow into a real tutorial like
'VCS Programming in a nutshell' I'd completely rip
it into pices and then assemble it again.

I think the glossary is very good, and some of the
tables would make some good appendix pages.
But the rest...

What about sorting all that stuff first.

For a real V2.0 I'd suggest some simple structure like:

1. Introduction

Part A: Basic stuff

2. Graphic Elements
2.1. Playfield Graphics
2.2. Player Graphics
2.2. Ball / Missile Graphics

3. Colors

4. Sound

5. Inputs / Switches

Part B: Advanced stuff

5. X-Line Kernel Discussion

6. Horizontal Positioning Strategies

7. Player Multiplexing Strategies

8. Advanced Missile Graphics

9. Advanced Playfield Graphics

10. 6-Char Alghorhythm

11. Advanced Controlers

12. Random numbers

13. Optimizing Strategies

14. Illegal Opcodes

15. Advanced Sound/Music Generation

16. Overlayed Graphics

17. Cosmic Ark Stars

18. PAL/NTSC/SECAM Conversion

19. Avoiding black HMOV lines

20. ... insert additional topics here...

Part C: Apendix

21. Annotated Register Tables

22. Eckhards Sound Tables

23. Color Tables

24. Links (The Dig!, Colbert, Stella Archives...)

25. Disassemblies Of Pre 90's Games

26. Essential Stella Demos With Source

27. Finished Stella Games With Source

29. Tools To Use/Know

28. Glossary

That'd do for a good start I think.
We could start with all the old stuff just 'sorted'
into the right places and one after another replace
the resulting 'Copy & Paste' chaos into real
feature articles.

But once a good structure is done we all can contribute
and help fleshing it out.

If for example someone (Glenn?) could ZIP & Mail me
the _complete_ Mailing List Archive, I'd volunteer
to sort out everything and write the articles
for the topics

"Essential Stella Demos With Source", "Finished
Stella Games With Source" & "Tools To Use/Know"

Greetings,
     Manuel

shopping24 - Ihr Einkaufsparadies im Internet. Stöbern Sie nach
Herzenslust in Millionen von Produkten unserer 30 Partnershops.
http://www.nexgo.de/c/pub/redir.php/shopping1

-