Re: [stella] Stelladoc v2 status report

Subject: Re: [stella] Stelladoc v2 status report
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 11:39:27 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 2 Oct 2001 cybergoth@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Mornin'!

Ugh, morning people :)

> What about the other topics?
> What about the structure I suggested in general?
> Did I forget something?
> Any comments or suggestions?

How about a section on emulation? Most (all?) of us use an emulator for
rapid development, even if we have access to hardware. The emulator
section could point out the problems you're likely to have, the first time
you run your code on the Real Thing... This section could even be written
by the emulator authors, if any of them are interested.

> What about this: Have an FTP access somewhere
> for all people who want to contribute, so it
> just isn't the work of one poor guy anymore?

That's what I was thinking... actually I was thinking a CVS server, but
FTP is definitely more familiar to most people. If anybody has a server we
could use, that'd be cool.. I'll see what I can do, but the people I work
for are security freaks (with good reason), so I probably can't just put up
a box in our colo. Using my cable modem for a semi-public FTP site is a Bad
Idea, too (slow, for one thing).

If all else fails, there's sourceforge.net... It might be overkill (Glenn
thinks so), but they do provide free hosting for open source projects (which
this more or less is).

What do you think?

B.

---

If a trainstation is the place where trains stop, what is a workstation?

-