Aw: Re: Aw: [stella] Stelladoc v2 status report

Subject: Aw: Re: Aw: [stella] Stelladoc v2 status report
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 17:45:14 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Brian!

> > 'VCS Programming in a nutshell' I'd completely rip
> As long as it's not `VCS Programming for Dummies' :)

:-)

> Hmm. Do you mean we should gradually get rid of the v1 guide content?
> Or should we keep it, maybe clearly separated from the new stuff? Or do
> we just add the new stuff & not make any distinction between new & old?

V1 should definitely survive as it is. For historical/preserving/original,
and other reasons...

Have V1 link to V2 and vice-versa. Clearly separated.

> > But once a good structure is done we all can contribute
> > and help fleshing it out.

> That's what I've been having trouble with... The original Guide is just
> sort
> of jammed together, maybe from separate internal Atari documents.

That's what I say, we've to rip it in little categorized parts/chapters
and sort it into the new structure. If we come up with
better/understandable/readable amnedments, we can throw away the old
and replace it with the new.

Take horizontal positioning for example. Just throw in there
the explanation mails from Robert Colbert & Erik Mooney,
put in Andrews actual version of the calculating alghorhythm
and eriks version of the tabled approach.

Done for the start. Later, when someone feels like doing so,
he might merge all of this into a nice feature article.

> Your 29-chapter outline looks better than anything I've come up with so
> far,

Thanks. See the other mail... :-)

shopping24 - Ihr Einkaufsparadies im Internet. Stöbern Sie nach
Herzenslust in Millionen von Produkten unserer 30 Partnershops.
http://www.nexgo.de/c/pub/redir.php/shopping1

-