Re: [stella] atari 2600 programming

Subject: Re: [stella] atari 2600 programming
From: slapdash <slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:02:58 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Maxime Beauvais wrote:
> I'm new here and I will like to start programming
> atari 2600.

Welcome.

> I have the stella guide and I'm trying to figure out.
> I when on Nick Bensema site and look very complete
>
> I have 4 question:
> 1-do you have other WWW for me. or document.

I'd suggest combing the archives (see URL at the bottom)
or finding Garon Grainger's "The Dig" (I don't have the
URL handy) which adds more organization than the auto-
archives do.

> 2-i heard that someone was doing a atari 2600
> programming for dummies?

Yes, but no word on how soon that will arrive.  It's
also not clear if it will actually be a "Dummies" book
or not.

> 3-what will be the code for a simple white screen?

Look back through the archives for a discussion on the
smallest possible program to draw a stable screen.  If
you start with that code you should be able to draw
just a plain white screen.  It'll be good practice.

Or, if you're messing with Nick Bensema's tutorial,
you should be able to modify that.  Again, a good
learning experience.

> 4-I know HTML code. In HTML, you have a big template
> of coding that you have to used. beginning, title,
> middle and end. In atari 2600, do we have to repect a
> simple structure of code?

I think a lot of people start with Nick's template, at
least while beginning.
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #114   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729    slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx    VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||

-