Re: [stella] Programming Contest?

Subject: Re: [stella] Programming Contest?
From: "B. Watson" <urchlay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 20:15:13 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Chad Schell wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I've been thinking about this for a while, but I'm just not sure how well
> it would actually work.  I'm considering holding a programming contest with
> the prize being a free Cuttle Cart.

Hmmm. Last I heard, Cuttle Carts weren't even for sale, so this would be a
great thing to win :)

> The contest would involve the creation of a 2600 game which uses the
> driving controllers.  You see, my all time favorite 2600 game is Race /
> Indy 500.  The Tag and especially hit the box games are just too much
> fun!  However, these poor controllers were otherwise ignored and I'd like
> to see them get used.  (I know, Bob Colbert's Stella Sketch used them, but
> that's not available anymore.)

Where out there is a good source of info on the driving controllers? All I
know about them is that they look like the paddles, but they can rotate
more than once (as many times as you want?)... are they analog or digital
controls, and how do you read them? I've never even seen a driving controller,
do they come in pairs like paddles?

B.

-