Re: [stella] braves4515@aol.com

Subject: Re: [stella] braves4515@aol.com
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:17:19 +0100
Glenn Saunders wrote:
>I took this person off Stellalist.

Thanks!

>I have nothing against him personally.  I don't know if
>English is his 2nd language or what his problem is, but it
>seemed like he was just not going to fit in here.  From the
>context of his messages it appeared as if he had little if any
>aptitude for programming.  It seemed like he wanted to be
>coached on the most basic concepts of programming in general,
>let alone assembly or the VCS hardware.  I wonder what his
>age was.  He wrote like he was 8 years old or something.

I remember him from AtariAge. I think he said, that he's from
Greece and 17 (maybe 18 now).

And yes, it looks like he has no idea what we are doing here,
*and* he can even ask questions I can understand.

>I'll probably get my share of abuse over this decision,
>probably over on AtariAge where I think he's a member, but
>sometimes a list-mainter has to make some tough decisions.  I
>don't want to discourage beginners.  (I'm certainly an
>assembler newbie with plenty to learn myself.)  I just had a
>feeling that this guy was going to spend all his time asking
>to be led by the hand through every line of his code (none of
>which being for the VCS or even in assembly, btw) and never
>actually be able to _learn_ anything for himself.

Agreed, that's the difference. As long as somebody is first
trying to solve his problems and then starts asking for the
remaining ones, it's ok. But he isn't even able to *ask*.

Maybe in some years he'll come back to the list and surprise
me, but I bet, he won't...

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |

Keinen Jackpot mehr verpassen! Mit dem Dauerschein des WEB.DE Lottoservice.
Einfach und bequem Lotto tippen! http://tippen2.web.de/?x=4

-