Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600 Beta Release!

Subject: Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600 Beta Release!
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 12:30:49 +0100
Hi Thomas!

>Bug 1: The scenario is increasing after wining a game.

Actually that was meant to be a feature </billgatesmode>

:-)

No really. I thought it'd be nice to get automatically
carried from one scenario to the next, right after Game
Over.

No good idea?

>Bug 2: That turns of the bullets (and you can fire
forever)

Fixed. GRMBLFX!

There's something strange going on with
copy'n'paste'n'undo in Ultraedit. More than once I got
the impression that it eats code...
I think I'm going back to Textpad by the end of my 14
days evaluating UE...

>>I'm more or less caling 'Feature Stop!' now, i.e. all
>>I'll do in future versions will be bugfixing and very
>>very very minor gameplay changes.

>One last suggestion/question:
>Is there a chance, that both players can move slightly
more
>into the middle, so that the moving objects (stampede)
can kill
>them?

In theory: yes. But it'd force me into some severe
changes of the current routines, since I'd have to
handle two different sets of 'borders' then. It could
introduce other troubles/necessary rewrites as well, be
it the AI, random positionings, the death scenes or
else.
I don't even know what'd happen if a cowboy gets hit by
his own bullet for example :-)

>The Atari symbol (AI on) could need some polishing:

Done.

>And the joystick should have a fire button :-)

Done too ;-)

Attached is the latest binary...

Greetings,
	Manuel