Re: [stella] DD Dead end?

Subject: Re: [stella] DD Dead end?
From: "Glenn Saunders" <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 18:39:05 -0800
Judging by the concept screen, though, it looks like
you could use a reflected playfield and then not ever
have to modify PF0.  I don't know if you're already
doing this, but if not, that would save you at least
14 cycles right there...enough time for the bit shifts
maybe?

That's what I've been doing, but it's still not enough.

I have some extra overhead in decrementing two counters, one for the tombstones (11 rows) and the inner one being a scanline counter for each row of tombstones (8 double-scanlines per tombstone). That's taking a fair share of CPU.

Also, I need to do a LDA #0, STA PF1, STA PF2 to blank out the playfield at the end before the playfield comes round again while I'm busy updating the players.