Re: [stella] Poker Solitaire

Subject: Re: [stella] Poker Solitaire
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 00:21:27 +0100
Hi Brian!

> So during the
>left half of each scanline, I have to pre-load GRP0/1,
A, X, Y with sprite
>data, do whatever I'm going to do with the left half of
the PF, and load
>PF0/1/2 with the right pattern of black & red... that's
why the cards are shoved
>over to the right, because I need almost all of the
left half-line to get
>ready to draw the right half...

>Actually, looking at the code, I've got 6 wasted cycles
in that loop, with the
>possibility to squeeze 2 more out by moving the LDA #0
to before the WSYNC
>instead of after...

You can move WSYNC even deeper. Actually, since you get
the cards properly displayed on the right side of the
screen, you can do so anywhere. Keep in mind that you
can start preloading GRPX, COLUXX and/or PFX again right
after the 5th card is drawn. You've just to shift your
complete system to the left.

Try placing the 5 PF cards exactly centered in the
middle. Reflect it and have the middle card displayed by
a reflected half-sized card at the very end of PF2.

Then position your sprites to match exactly over these
PF cards.

Then adjust everything else by shifting the WSYNCS.

(But first of all remove that repeat/repend stuff :-))

Greetings,
	Manuel