Subject: [stella] Poker Solitaire, build 00f|
From: "B. Watson" <urchlay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 06:29:36 -0500 (EST)
This is the latest build of Poker Solitaire. It's now 6:15AM, I must have lost my mind by now, but it's now something like 90% complete (unfortunately the remaining 10% is probably the hardest, most time consuming part :) Changes from last build: Card color has been fixed (no more urine-yellow) Score font is slightly less ugly There's now some rudimentary sounds (bloops & bleeps) Added crib sheet, listing hands & their scores (press Select to see it) Score is color coded (0-24: red, 25-39: yellow, >=40: green) Fixed a minor graphics glitch that only showed up when the king of hearts was in the leftmost column (data table crossed a page) Things still left to do: Burn an EPROM of this build & test on hardware Find somebody with a PAL VCS to test, and recommend PAL colors Center the cards & score. If Manuel says it can be done, then it can be done.. Joystick & trigger debounce, instead of blindly ignoring them for 15 frames between reads) Add difficulty switch setting for turning off sound, in case it annoys you :) Add code to score a royal flush as 36 points, and use the other diff. switch to turn it on/off (this really doesn't affect much, I've gotten a royal flush *once* in hundreds of games) Finish de-uglifying the score font Possibly center the graphics for A, J, K, Q (some of them start one pixel to the right of where the others do) Find a use for the color/BW switch :) (hmm, it could toggle whether or not to score diagonals) Clean up the code some (not strictly necessary, but I would like to anyway) ...if anyone has ideas/suggestions, let me know. This is closer to finished than anything else I've done on the 2600, or even most of the stuff I did on the 800, way back when.. B.
Description: Binary data