Re: [stella] Strange Atari item found

Subject: Re: [stella] Strange Atari item found
From: "Roger Williams" <mer02@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 20:09:19 -0800
From: dboris <dboris@xxxxxxxx>

> Does the ZIF cart have any logic chips on it? If it doesn't then they have
> to be production ROMS, since as far as I know most  EPROMS and PROMS has
> active low chip enables.

It's obvious from the pictures that there is no CS inverter on
the cart.  However, the chips do not have to be production.
Production chips would be mask-programmed, but even
in the early 1980's a sizeable enough company could order
a batch of nonstandard chips with a mod like inverted CS.
I believe these chips are OTP chips which would have been
UV-erasable if the cases had windows, custom made for
internal production testing in advance of mask creation.

--Roger Williams