Re: [stella] Poker Solitaire/Squares build 025

Subject: Re: [stella] Poker Solitaire/Squares build 025
From: Phantom of the Opcodes <urchlay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 23:14:05 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 15 Dec 2001, Phantom of the Opcodes wrote:

> I finally got a chance to work on Poker Solitaire/Squares some more this
> weekend...
>
> Here's what's new in this version:

Ugh! I was waiting for an EPROM to finish erasing while I was posting that
last message... would somebody try out build 025 on a real console and
tell me if I'm hallucinating:

It looks like the `crib sheet' display is jittering if it's displayed during
the shuffle. I can't tell if it's (a) my imagination, (b) my rotten eyes, (c)
my TV, or (d) a bug in the code...

To test:

Burn EPROM (or download .WAV, or whatever)
Run game
While in the initial shuffle, press Game Select
Watch the text of the Crib Sheet & see if you think it's jittering vertically
While still looking at the Crib Sheet, press Fire on joystick 1
Crib Sheet is still displayed. See if the text is still jittering (or anyway
	if it's doing the same thing it was doing before you pressed the Fire
	button)

On the Stella and Z26 emulators, this doesn't happen... and it might not
really be happening on my TV either, I just can't tell :(

Later,
B.