[stella] Re: Poker Solitaire/Squares build 025

Subject: [stella] Re: Poker Solitaire/Squares build 025
From: apeboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 09:33:54 GMT
Phantom of the Opcodes writes:

I wish I could get a PAL VCS, but I'd also need a PAL TV to connect it to,
which is a hard thing to come by in the US...

Yes, I intend to get an NTSC VCS one of these days.
NTSC VCS don't turn up often locally (Adelaide, Australia).

So the jitter is just my imagination? At least in the PAL version? Can anyone confirm this for the NTSC version too? (I no longer trust my eyes, at least not when they're looking at my TV)

I find it really hard to look at a simple static TV image and not notice the defects, and wobbles. But any motion I saw was minimal, and likely beyond programmer control.

What type of VCS are you using? I have tried a few and some of them just generated noisy signals (especially the 2600 Jrs. and most of the clones).

Regards,