Re: [stella] Beta Demo

Subject: Re: [stella] Beta Demo
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 09:42:10 -0500
At 06:28 PM 1/11/2002 +0100, you wrote:
I upgraded it to 4K and managed to cramp another 7 (or 8?)
new parts into it, including early works from Eckhard Stolberg,
Rob Kudla, Ruffin Baily, Kurt Woloch and others!

Now that's a scary prospect.

; ###################################################################
; Ruffin Bailys demo
; Being buggy work-in-progress code, I had to spend some time to get
; it working in a way I assumed it was intended to work.
; 100% rewrote the display kernel from scratch, but the joystick
; reading routines were already that brill!

Afraid I had to look up "brill", but only got the definition I already knew, "a European flatfish". Is that good or bad? :^) If it's bad (as I suspect, though I'm still too naive a programmer to know why), you might as well continue leaving the "e" out of "Bailey" so no one knows for sure it was really me!

I'd actually hoped to do a whole series on collisions (with joystick input) as a sort of parallel to Nick's Playfield demo for newbies (like myself) to have pretty easy to hack code to make games. First was this with P0 and PF, next was to be P0, P1 and M0, M1 (which was getting surprisingly close to Combat). Oh well. Full-time jobs and all that.

Cute .bin overall, but did you have to give Matt the opening credits? He's already rubbed that in on one occasion. And when do we get the cart?! (jk -- I saw that you said this was a slapdash hack barely tested on z26. Still, would be my first code on EPROM...)

"Thanks for the memories",

Ruffin Bailey