Re: [stella] StellaX PAL detection

Subject: Re: [stella] StellaX PAL detection
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:43:05 +0100

In the sources I have, both the "Display.FrameRate"
and the "Display.Format" properties are never accessed.
Besides, the later one even is generally NTSC, for all all
cartridges, according to the contents of defprops.cxx, so
the constructor of the TIA::pallette() method will always return the
NTSC-Colors, or?
<<

I haven't looked at that particular part of the code, but
Stella sets the palette according to the "Display.Format"
setting in the stella.pro file. The system specific part
of the code would then set up the palette accordingly.
NTSC is only the default setting for games that don't
have a "Display.Format" setting in their stella.pro entry,
or that aren't included in the stella.pro file at all.

But to make it possible for StellaX to find the stella.pro
file, you have to put it in it's working directory, which
usually is the directory where the executable is located.
Also you might have to know the MD5 checksum for your binary
to be able to create a propper enty for your game.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg