[stella] Is Stella GPL'd? (was StellaX PAL detection)

Subject: [stella] Is Stella GPL'd? (was StellaX PAL detection)
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 07:21:38 -0800
Eckhard Stolberg wrote:

> And don't forget, that Stella is still under copyright
> by Brad. You are still not allowed to distribute changed
> versions of the emulator or the core source code. So if you
> want to create your program for anyone but yourself,
> you would need Brads approval.

I thought somebody said Stella is GPL'd now.  Which in spite of what Brad
may be saying, has been the case since he incorporated the Ron Fries sound
code.  So I think anybody can make and publish new versions of Stella if
they like.  Code ripping for other projects is also permitted.  I don't
think Brad really has a say-so about this.  At least that's what I think.

John