Re: [stella] Thomas Jentzsch's PAL -> NTSC Conversions

Subject: Re: [stella] Thomas Jentzsch's PAL -> NTSC Conversions
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:43:09 +0100
At 04.02.2002, 15:38, John Saeger wrote:
> Here are some others I've wondered about:

> zoofun 291,

NTSC, because of the green tree leaves. But 291 lines is quite a lot for NTSC.
(Or perhaps a different TV system?)

> dumbo 286,

I'd prefer NTSC, because the colors look nicer, but Good2600 says PAL.

> curtiss 286,

What's that? I (and Good2600) don't know it under that name.

> tps 285,

That homebrew was definitely a NTSC game. When people said it would roll
on their TV Greg Troutman *reduced* the lines.

> galaga 282,

NTSC! With PAL, all colors are looking very weird.

> tomboy 277

> Although  tomboy might look better with PAL colors, I like to think of
> it as autumn in the pitfall forest.

And Tom Boy isn't as pale as a ghost anymore. :-) But with NTSC the pits
are more green than blue and the snakes are red instead of green.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |