[stella] ideas..

Subject: [stella] ideas..
From: Ben Larson <wazzapfool@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 06:47:59 -0700 (PDT)
I have some ideas for new games...just thought I might
throw them out since traffic on the board has been
pretty light lately. :)

My first idea involves sort of a combat remake, except
have the board rotate around the tank.  Not sure how
good this would look, though, assuming playfield
graphics were actually used for the playfield...

My second idea is for a platform Super-Mario-type
game, using the same scrolling effect that Thomas used
in Thrust.  Maybe even recycling some of that kernel
(?). :)  Kind of grandiose, I know...but not as
grandiose as my third idea, which is for an RPG a la
Legend of Zelda or Final Fantasy.  Using a smart
flicker algorithm, it should be possible to have 8
player objects on-screen at once (right?), which would
be enough for enemies and the hero.  I think the
hardest challenge would actually be creating the rest
of the screen...presumably using the playfield,
background, and missiles...

Ben