Re: Found Bug Re: [stella] Inspired by Roger

Subject: Re: Found Bug Re: [stella] Inspired by Roger
From: "Roger Williams" <mer02@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:13:23 -0700
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>

> I can see absolutely no reason, why you shouldn't be able to do anything
> outside the kernel, that you can do inside. If you know the timings
> inside the kernel, you can add those to your calculations and that's it.

Well, in the implementation I was preparing, I was using
the playfield update lines to check for end of screen.
These interfered with sprite changeovers, so it would
be possible for the playfield logic to make a sprite slightly
longer than normal if it happened to be aligned wrong
with respect to the playfield.  The external sort would
have to be pretty slick to know about that.

--Roger Williams