[stella] Hi, and typical newbie shtick

Subject: [stella] Hi, and typical newbie shtick
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 22 Jun 2002 02:37:30 -0000
Hi there...
Just signed up...some might recognize me from rec.games.video.clasic.

I've decided I'd really like to try to port JoustPong to the 2600.
It should be (relatively) easy: 2 players, one ball, no background
to speak of.

(I've already written it in VB, Java, and PocketC for Palm.)

So I'm a pretty experienced high-level programmer, but without
a lot of low level experience (except from when I used to pour
over corewar...)

My very baby steps haven't been going so well.
I found a copy of DASM 2.12 (why are so many "dig" links busted?)
but have yet to compile a working BIN...I'm not sure if I have
the most proper vcs.h file or not.

And I've noticed that a lot of the Dig's Bin's don't work at all
on some emulators, like Cracker's "another"...is there any opinion
on which is the safest one to develop against? (I suppose at some point I should give in and get the hardware that'll let me dump to an actual VCS)

Finally, I haven't received any messages this evening...has it been
quiet, or did I not subscribe as well as I'd hoped? (I hope this gets
through...)

Thanks,
Kirk
"I believe that Ronald Reagan will someday make this country
 what it once was. . . an artic wilderness."  --Steve Martin