Re: [stella] Hi, and typical newbie shtick

Subject: Re: [stella] Hi, and typical newbie shtick
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 11:58:01 +0200
Hi Kirk, welcome!

>Hi there...
>Just signed up...some might recognize me from
rec.games.video.clasic.

The name sounds familiar, but then I'm only a very
occasional reader of rgvc.

>I've decided I'd really like to try to port JoustPong
to the 2600.

Uih. What's the basic idea behind that?

>I found a copy of DASM 2.12 (why are so many "dig"
links busted?)

Hm...

>And I've noticed that a lot of the Dig's Bin's don't
work at all
>on some emulators, like Cracker's "another"...is there

The Dig assembles alomst everything that was ever posted
to the list, a lot of buggy and non-working stuff is
there, too. I fixed the 'Another' demo some time ago for
the 'alpha' and 'beta' demos. If you've some special
interest in 'another', try looking in the archive for
the 'beta' demo source, which is working and compiling
with DASM.

>any opinion
>on which is the safest one to develop against?

Z26 is king here. Something running on the real thing
and not with Z26 must be due to a bug on the real thing!
:-)

Greetings,
	Manuel