Re: [stella] Marble Craze v0.90

Subject: Re: [stella] Marble Craze v0.90
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 18:24:22 +0200
At 02.07.2002, 09:34, Paul Slocum wrote:
> Well here's the latest version of Marble Craze.  It's very close to being
> finished except for designing the levels and music.  Currently there are
> two playable levels.  If you have a Cuttle Cart and a set of paddles (or
> two) then please try it out.  I'd love to get some feedback.  Hope you like
> it!  :o)

Definitely this is going to be a really good game!

I've played it with the PC mouse and a patched version of z26. Pretty
tough!!! Just saw the fourth screen for the first time :-)

Ok, here are my suggestions/questions:
- what I'm really missing, is something that indicates the center of
both paddles. If this is not graphically possible, then maybe some color
could help.
- There is a break at the start of each new live, but I can not control
exactly how long it is. If I press the button, sometimes the game seems
to react and sometimes not. Sometimes the times starts running, but the
ball doesn't. A little ping noise might help here and a more
understandable timing.
- some friction might make the game a bit easier
- I would like to hear (any maybe also see) the ball rolling
- the graphical effect at the right is quite annoying. There should be
an option to disable it without having to disable the music too.
- a small preview of the next section would be nice
- The B/W is not supported on all 2600 compatible machines, maybe you
should choose a different switch
- why don't you use SELECT for selecting the levels?

BTW: What happened to the ramps?

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |