Re: [stella] Animating the Marbles

Subject: Re: [stella] Animating the Marbles
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 10:04:59 +0200
Paul wrote:
> I reuse everything.  The score and game logic routines use the pMarble
> pointers and pfBuffer for all their temp locations. The only variables
> dedicated to the score are the four p#Score BCD variables which can't be
> changed.  I've already scrounged for memory several times, so I don't think
> there's much left.  I've even taken many of the variables than only used 4
> or 5 bits and used their high bits for flags.

So you are having the same problems that had with Thrust: more ROM normally
requires some more RAM to utilize is effectively.

> And by alternating, I mean maybe I could change the 13 to a
> 26 and make a switch to alternate doing this check for player 1 or player 2
> each loop.  I'm not sure exactly how that would be done, though.

Ok, I understand that code now.  But you may get problems with VDEL when
resetting.

> And I fixed my cycle comments so I'll stop posting stuff that's mislabeled!

Can you post (me?) that fixed version, please? I would also like to see the complete
code, that helps optimizing.

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

500 WEB.Cent Belohnung! Nur noch bis 24. Juli 2002 im WEB.DE Club.
Worauf warten Sie noch? https://digitaledienste.web.de/Club/?mc=021109