[stella] Another newbie :)

Subject: [stella] Another newbie :)
From: Andrew Towers <mariofrog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 17:51:44 +1000
Hi all, I've just joined the list so I'd better introduce myself and
say hi and all that.

So here I am, why am I here? Well I was talking to Andrew Davie and
he happend to mention that the 2600 has no (traditional) display
memory, but rather generates each scanline on the fly. Need I say
more? ;)

And so, drawn inexorably by the challenge of building the impossible
out of a couple of player bitmaps, two missiles and a ball, I begin
to create my epic (well, something anyway)..

I've been playing with Nick Bensema's "How To Draw A Playfield" (thanks,
btw!) over the last couple of days and started to learn everything I
can about the internals of the machine, and the usual bunch of tricks
for getting more out of the hardware than intended.

I have a project in mind - needless to say it's completely impossible
to do on a 2600 but I'm going to do it anyway. I've programmed in
6502 code before and played with exact timing loops so I have a bit
of a head-start :)

In any case now you all know I'm here and I can go back to tinkering
with my project..

- Andrew.

--
Andrew Towers, B.Comp.Hons1