Re: [stella] Star Fire - Return of the Starfield ?!? (was: Strange Z26 (real thing?) behaviour discovered...)

Subject: Re: [stella] Star Fire - Return of the Starfield ?!? (was: Strange Z26 (real thing?) behaviour discovered...)
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:15:08 +0200
Manuel wrote:
> -> Attached is my current Starfield WIP. After moving
> 160 pixels, the horizontal *reset* of is not as smooth
> as it should be, but apart from that I'm very pleased
> for the start :-)

You will know that already, but I think, there are far too many stars and
it's looking much to symmetric.

For making the thing looking less symmetric, you could change the HMOVE
values inside a frame or use two different values (e.g on even frames +8
and -5 on odd ones). Then you should try to display only every ~4th star
(perferable randomly, starting with different vertical offsets on odd/even
frames) and maybe try to give the stars different colors.

I think, that is what Solaris does too.

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

WEB.DE MyPage - Ultimatives Kommunikationstool! Ihre Message sofort
online! Domain aenderbar! http://www.das.ist.aber.ne.lustige.sache.ms/