[stella] Need an opinion (or two) on a playfield

Subject: [stella] Need an opinion (or two) on a playfield
From: "Billy Eno" <ceno@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:56:26 -0500
Inspired by my trip to CGE, I am starting a new game, despite the fact I
have two other projects  languishing...

The .bin here is part of the game Cube Conquest (the next in the
"Alliterative Titles" (tm)(c) series from Baroque Gaming).  I have been
staring at it too long, so please go look at it, then continue reading this
and I will describe what it is _supposed_ to be.

Ok, it supposed to be a 16x16 field of tiles, with each tile(cubes) having
four states: Player0 (Green), Player1 (Orange), Blank (White), or Off.

Did anybody see that, or am I fooling myself?  I tried some different
interlacing stuff, but with that much stuff that close, it just looked ugly.
Also my SuperCharger went south, so I am unable to debug on a real TV until
my new one comes in.

Any comments or suggestions on how to better implement this would be
appreciated.  If you dig into the code "cubeconq.s" is the main file and the
field is drawn in "fielddraw.s"

Thanks,
Billy