Re: [stella] Your Homebrews At CGE ?

Subject: Re: [stella] Your Homebrews At CGE ?
From: Mark De Smet <de-smet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:11:59 -0500 (CDT)
> I tell ya, with the exception of the Berzerk/voice cart and SCSIcide, I
> don't believe any of the other homebrews/special releases sold out. People

I sold out of VeCaves in 1 and 1/2 hrs.  Quite surprising given that
Vectrex has never been very big at CGE.

> were *very* tight with the pursestrings this year. That - and there were a
> TON of things to purchase. People were being incredibly selective in what
> they bought. There was none of this "I must buy ALL the homebrews." It was
> refreshing, because people were only buying what they intended to later
> play.

I agree.  I was shocked in previous years seeing people buy games which
you knew (many of them) wouldn't be played.  Having created something, it
is fun knowing people will enjoy the game as a game, not just buying for
the sake of having it in one's collection.

I think it gives more backing to the homebrew authors who actually create
a game instead of hacking something existing or creating a fancy box which
can be auctioned off for way to much money.

Mark