Re: [stella] I'm back! :) ...

Subject: Re: [stella] I'm back! :) ...
From: Ben Larson <wazzapfool@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 07:57:18 -0700 (PDT)
--- Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> - Terrain damage should consume less than 100 bytes
>
> (Actually you just have to divide the X pos of the
> missile by 4. Picking the right byte and ANDing away
> the
> right bit should be trivial. Gunfight does this in
> less
> than 50 bytes)

I really want to do this, but I'm having a hard time
coming up with a simple bitmasking routine for the
whole screen (The fact that I'm packing both PF0
nibbles into one byte probably doesn't help the
situation.) to use for a given X value.  If I could
come up with something here, that would probably also
enable me to simplify the initial terrain drawing
routing as well.

Ben