Re: [stella] My First Atari 2600 Game

Subject: Re: [stella] My First Atari 2600 Game
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 19:21:04 +0200
Hi Christopher!

Excellent stuff!

> So, this started out as an 11x5, but it's not, it's
> 9x5. The reason it's not 11x5 is twofold:

Haha, cool!

Back when I stumbled across all the 11 invaders demos
from Erik, Eckhard & Thomas, I spent some time analyzing
the original Space Ivaders on MAME, taking screenshots
and doing some calculations regarding the resolution of
the Arcade vs the VCS, the invaders sizes, the # of
moves they do the spaces between them and so on.

When I was done with all of this I sent a mail to Thomas
that he should try doing a version with 9 invaders per
row, for best matching the look & feel of the original
:-)

Greetings,
	Manuel