Re: particle cannons (was Re: [stella] More flicker, please)

Subject: Re: particle cannons (was Re: [stella] More flicker, please)
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 08:23:13 +0200
Hi Chris!

>I finally got enough of the lab rebuilt to view this on
z26.
>Very impressive, even without collision detection!!!

Thanks!

>I like your solution a lot.  Alternating the cannons
looks cool,
>gives you more cycles, and is logical from a physics
point of view too!

Even Lucasarts does it that way :-)

>Now I can't wait to see the explosions and hear things
flying by!

I'm planing two-framed explosions in 4 different sizes,
I think I can present these soon.

Only I doubt that the VCS can produce the trademark Tie-
Fighter sound.

What about the classic da-da-da da-di-da daa-da-da as
jingle when the mothership enters the scene? :-)

>I can see why on the fly computation is tough, even
outside the kernel.
>How tight is the kernel now?  :)

There's tight parts and parts that are even tighter :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel