Re: [stella] The FAQ as it stands

Subject: Re: [stella] The FAQ as it stands
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:29:02 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Eric Ball wrote:

> In absolute memory map terms, $0000 - $0FFFF is taken by the TIA & RIOT.
> Although neither uses the full address space, they don't decode all of the
> address lines, causing the same registers & RAM to be shadowed at multiple
> memory locations (like the RAM in the RIOT showing up at $0080 - $00FF and
> $0180 - $01FF).

Almost!  I think you have an extra "F" in there.  Or maybe it's just an
incomplete specification.  :)  All of that space isn't taken by the VCS
internals, but the memory shadowing does indeed take place as you say.

For a complete and quite exhaustive 2600 memory map, check out

    http://web.mit.edu/ecwilkso/www/VCS_hardware

There, I've got the full 2600 memory map (in 2 formats) and also the
individual maps for the TIA and the RIOT.  Enjoy!

Oh!  And whoever is currently kicking the FAQ, feel free to add this in.
It should be there.

-Chris