Re: [stella] Star Fire: Daily update :-)

Subject: Re: [stella] Star Fire: Daily update :-)
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:16:53 +0200
Hi Thomas!

> Maybe even some flickering "overlay" might also look
> good.

I once thought about this. Sort of like HUD
functionality, yes?

I fear this'll only introduce another area with severe
flicker.

Take the current shield display for example. I tried it
with colors, I tried it with color cycle, I tried it
*glowing* - always I found it too disturbing and
dragging away too much attention from the main action
screen. Now it's somewhat simple & decent, but clearly
functional. Pilots need reliable instruments for heavy
space action :-)

And using the old standart shield bar I thought was too
boring.

At the moment I think I have the key elements all
displayed. I'll now do a transition screen between
waves, which'll probably display something like:

Wave07
Score:
003470

or