Re: [stella] emulators w/ debug features

Subject: Re: [stella] emulators w/ debug features
From: Adam Wozniak <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 23:23:18 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Rob wrote:
> I'm definitely interested, as it's the only way I'll be able to do any
> debugging at all under Linux and I don't have any Windows machines around as
> I did last time I was playing with this stuff.

Here's what I wound up doing to stella 1.2...

Throw these Debug.[ch]xx into stella-1.2/src/emucore
Change Console.cxx to #include "Debug.hxx" and add line:

  // Now, we can construct the system and components
  mySystem = new System(13, 6);
  new Debug(mySystem);  // this line is new!

Now you can hit "ctrl-c" in the terminal window where you started,
and get a "Debug>" prompt.

dump the memory at 0x80:
m 0x80

disassemble at 0xF000: