Fwd: Re: [stella] Homebrew cart distributors

Subject: Fwd: Re: [stella] Homebrew cart distributors
From: Joe Grand <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 15:42:23 -0500
Responding to myself...

I should also mention that the process of rapid prototyping varies greatly from injection molding, and the parts that come out aren't necessarily as good as production-quality ABS plastic like we'd use for standard cart shells. There are many RP technologies and I'm not sure the quality and accuracy of the parts can be matched with injection molding - though, if the unit price for RP was lower, it would obviously be investigated further.

Joe