Re: [stella] Homebrew cart distributors

Subject: Re: [stella] Homebrew cart distributors
From: Adam Thornton <adam@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 14:53:37 -0600
On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 09:38:31AM -0800, John Redant wrote:
> Making the actual PC board for the Atari games isn't
> very hard to do, I would imagine. I read somewhere
> that the required EPROM chips are relatively cheap and
> getting an EPROM burner won't put a huge dent in your
> wallet...so long as you can find one.

I have all of that (well, I buy the PCBs).  And I use gutted cartridge
shells.  The issue is that I don't have any interest in actually making
them for other people, because it takes me a long time and I'm not good
at soldering the EPROM to the PCB.  (For myself, I have a ZIF socket I
soldered to the PCB, so I can just swap out the EPROMs.)  So I was
wondering if there was anyone that *did* make cartridges-on-demand
anymore.

Adam