[stella] Another question for the analog inclined

Subject: [stella] Another question for the analog inclined
From: mickey_m@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 05:39:46 +0000
For anyone who has built their own flashable cart, or anyone who knows.  I
built a flash cart on a shack proto board with a whole lot of soldered wires a
microcontroller, a cpld, and flash.  I have made some changes to the design
that introduced a 20 Mhz clock into the CPLD.  The design works fine, the
problem is I get interference on the TV screen.  Moving the VCS or the proto
board increase or decreases the problem, also grounded tin foil helps, which
makes me think RF produced from clock.  I want to print a PCB.  My question
is, is the interference from all the wires acting like antennas?  Will it go
away when I place the design on a PCB?  Maybe try to print a ground plane
under the CPLD or microcontroller?  Any tips for reducing this in circuit?  I
have grounded all possible points on the chips, including unused pins on the
CPLD that are programmed for ground.

Thanks for your help.

Vern