[stella] Fu Kung! v0.11

Subject: [stella] Fu Kung! v0.11
From: "Andrew Davie" <atari2600@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:48:04 +1100
Here's the daily dose of Fu Kung!

This update shows the beiginning of player to player interaction, and some
additional animation frames.  Press DOWN on either joystick, and the player
should form an attacking move, and the opponent should react.  The
attack/react code repositions players as appropriate - and there is some
movement during animation sequences now, too (used in the reaction).  Of
course there's no collision data there (or systems!) so this is just a
mockup to show two player interaction.

The creatures aren't synching (positioning themselves) properly yet - and
there's a whole lot of issues about which direction they are facing vs.
which direction movement is applied... but this is the first player-player
interaction.  Interaction is done totally using the state-system and a
simple macro programming language to control creature movement/animations...
Here's the relevant code....

AttackThrow1

            ANIMATION ANIM_THROW
            HANDLER NORMAL_STAND2
            rts

React_AttackThrow

            ANIMATION ANIM_THROW_REACT
            HANDLER NORMAL_STAND2
            rts

ANIM_THROW

            LOCK EVENT_ATTACK_THROW             ; cause opponent to react

            SHOW    FRAME_THROW1,4
            SHOW    FRAME_THROW2,4
            SHOW    FRAME_THROW3,4
            SHOW    FRAME_THROW4,4
            SHOW    FRAME_THROW5,20

            GOTO ANIMATION_STAND

ANIM_THROW_REACT

            MOVE    20,-40

            SHOW    FRAME_S0,2
            MOVE    -5,0
            SHOW    FRAME_S30,2
            MOVE    -5,0
            SHOW    FRAME_S60,2
            MOVE    -5,0
            SHOW    FRAME_S90,2
            MOVE    -5,0
            SHOW    FRAME_S120,2
            MOVE    -5,0
            SHOW    FRAME_S150,2
            MOVE    -5,0
            SHOW    FRAME_S180,2
            MOVE    -5,0
            SHOW    FRAME_S210,2
            MOVE    -5,0
            SHOW    FRAME_S240,2
            MOVE    -5,0
            SHOW    FRAME_S270,2
            MOVE    -5,0
            MOVE    0,40
            SHOW    FRAME_S330,20

            GOTO ANIMATION_STAND

Apart from getting the collision code in, most of the programming of the
moves themselves are simply variations of the above.  The frame 'names' come
direct from the filename of the original graphics, so I now don't need to
worry about frame numbering - I just use the mnemonic and it will assemble
correctly, even if the frame table has extra frames added.

Well, that's about it for tonight.

Cheers

PS: Z26 -g11, stella .pro included