Re: [stella] Programming tricks guide

Subject: Re: [stella] Programming tricks guide
From: Joe Grand <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:59:15 -0500
I think the Programming Tricks document should be separate from the Stella FAQ. As you mentioned, the FAQ is more for beginners and people who are asking the same typical questions (hence a "FAQ"). The Programming Tricks guide is way more specific and technical and is more along the lines of the Stella Programmer's Guide. I think a stand-alone document would make much more sense.

Joe

At 04:47 PM 2/3/2003, Paul Slocum wrote:

> But my guide is only being compiled by me and was
> really written by the 2600 programming community so
> I'd like to hear other people's opinions on this.

I think it is a very good idea.

I was actually asking what people's opinions are about whether it should be a standalone document or should be integrated into the Stella FAQ. Or did you intend your answer to mean one way or the other?

The more I work on this, the more I think it's a good idea too. I've learned a lot already and it's going to be nice to have all these tricks documented in one textfile. I'm about 1/4 done now (was 1/3 done until Thomas sent me more suggestions ;o) and I'll post my work-in-progress soon.

-Paul