Re: [stella] z26 for Windows

Subject: Re: [stella] z26 for Windows
From: "Albert Yarusso" <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 15:52:15 -0600
Hello!

Great to see progress being made towards a Windows version of z26.  However,
I really think it needs a front-end of some kind, especially after I tried
running some > 4K titles without passing in any command-line parameters.
The first one I tried (Mr. Roboto, an F8 8K game--I wanted to hear how the
music sounded) caused a ton of DirectX errors to come up (in an infinite
loop, I had to nuke it). Does z26 have an internal table with md5 checksums
for binaries to determine how to run a particular game?

It doesn't need a complex UI, just something that lets you select a game to
run, remember where your ROMs directory is, and select all the various
command-line options (such as being able to select which bankswitching
method to use if you are trying to run a game z26 isn't yet aware of).

I am willing to write a user-interface if you guys don't have the time or
desire to do so.  Please feel free to contact me.  :)

Take care,

 ..Al