[stella] Latest 2600 music

Subject: [stella] Latest 2600 music
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 02:55:07 -0600
Here's my latest 2600 music. This is the first full song where I've added the high hat sound in code rather in the music data and it works great. It sounds good and frees up the voices for other stuff. Plus I think it saves ROM space in the long run. This latest song is 4 minutes long and only 1.6K for the driver and music data combined. The new Z26 sound emulation is great, but here's an MP3 recorded by microphone from my TV speaker if you'd prefer:

http://www.qotile.net/temp/pota3.mp3

We really are going to need more composers for the Dance Dance Revolution thing and other homebrews. If there are any musicians on here that want to get into 2600 composing, let me know and I'll set you up with the source and instructions. I'm finalizing my 2600 music programmer's guide and will be posting that on my site soon.

-Paul