Re: [stella] The Demo Image Series

Subject: Re: [stella] The Demo Image Series
From: "Clay Halliwell" <clay.h@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 19:05:53 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Davie" <atari2600@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <stella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 2:35 PM

> > The problem I see is that the pixel aspect ratio is too tall on these
> images.
>
> Well, you're kind of missing the point, a bit.   The images are adjusted
> 48 x 128 pixels.  The aspect ratio of an image can be anything I want it
> be.

I think *you're* missing the point. Yes, you can change the aspect ratio of
any image... but then you're distorting the image and it won't look right
anymore. So for a 48 x 128 viewport, it's best to crop images to 96 x 154
before the final scaledown (given the NTSC aspect ratio of 1.6:1, vs SVGA's
1.333:1).

Clay