RE: [stella] Strange glitches in homebrewed games on the 2600 jr.

Subject: RE: [stella] Strange glitches in homebrewed games on the 2600 jr.
From: Russ Perry Jr <slapdash@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 15:03:08 -0600
At 6:56 PM -0500 2/28/03, Dennis Debro wrote:
>> Has it been established what type of 2600 Jr. console it is that
>> has problems with the homebrew games.

> Not yet. Russ, you want to send your console information?

Sorry it took so long...  My Jr is "Made in Taiwan", serial number
AT 870078434.  Are there any other identifiers I should be looking
for?

Funny thing though...  I pulled out a (black front) 4-switch 2600 I
had within easy reach.  I seem to have problems with IT as well...

Skeleton works; whether it works correctly or not, I'm not sure, but
I was able to play it.  My only question is how skeletons appear, as
they seemed very small at first, and indistinct until shot.  But I
assume that's normal.

Qb is better, but the Qb sprite is doubled -- like there's a phantom
Qb twin along for the ride.  I'm using the "buggy" version of Qb;
I couldn't get the "fixed" version into the machine.  I'll try later,
manually pushing down the flaps, since the fixed version is just a
board with no case.

Vault Assault: Tournament Edition now has the enemy sprites in their
correct positions, but when I move up or down, my sprite doubles,
much like Qb did, and the score is affected as well.

Unfortunately, this machine is missing the sticker with the serial
number and where it's made, but maybe there's an issue with it too?
At this point, I'm not sure where my other 2600s are, so I'm not
sure what else I can test with.

I should point out that I've never had any other noticeable problems
with the Jr system I'm using, so either it really IS just these
games, or my Jr is dying.

The funny thing is, I've noticed no problems with Crazy Valet on
the Jr, and I have 3 different versions of it.  So, either Dennis's
theory isn't correct, or only applies to certain things that Crazy
Valet doesn't aggravate?  I don't know.  Very odd.
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #114   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729   slapdash@xxxxxxx [NEW!]   VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||