Re: [stella] Strange glitches in homebrewed games on the 2600 jr.

Subject: Re: [stella] Strange glitches in homebrewed games on the 2600 jr.
From: Russ Perry Jr <slapdash@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 22:47:10 -0600
At 9:54 PM +0100 3/3/03, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:
>> Sorry it took so long...  My Jr is "Made in Taiwan", serial number
>> AT 870078434.  Are there any other identifiers I should be looking
>> for?

>You could open up your 2600 Jr and look for the revision and date
>code at the back of the board.

I'm not sure what I should be looking for, so here's a bunch...

On the underside of the board is "Atari C021503 Rev E".
To the upper left of the cart port on top is "Atari 1983".
To the upper right of the cart port on top is a stamp of "EFA 004".

Do any of those help?

>> Funny thing though...  I pulled out a (black front) 4-switch 2600 I
>> had within easy reach.  I seem to have problems with IT as well...

>Since two different consoles show similar problems for you, maybe
>your power supply is going bad. Did you use it (or any other
>device) with both consoles that you tried the games on?

Ah...  Yes, I did.  Interesting idea; don't know why that didn't
occur to me.  Sadly, I'm not sure where my spares are, so I'm not
going to be able to test the theory any time soon.  Ugh, maybe I
should just order a spare or two...
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #114   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729   slapdash@xxxxxxx [NEW!]   VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||