Re: [stella] DASM 'upgrade' in progress

Subject: Re: [stella] DASM 'upgrade' in progress
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 21 Mar 2003 15:47:36 -0000
> Andrew wrote:
> > How about incorporating automatic playfield knowledge, too?
>
> Hm, sounds like a good idea to me.
>
> But it will be really complicated to make it useful. E.g you have to watch
> page boundaries, optimal fill the pages, maybe automatically find overlapping
> bytes, generate pointer tables etc.

As a guy who's having a hard time getting back into the swing
enough to overcome a simple jump-over-page boundary condition,
I should probably just shut up, but I don't think we should do
too too much 2600 specific stuff in the assembler itself.
There are a couple decent tools out there for making graphics
into code, and it seems like if we add all this 2600 specific stuff,
we'll lose some of the possibilities of being clever that
other people have shown...

There is no god and Murphy is his prophet