Re: [stella] DASM 'upgrade' in progress

Subject: Re: [stella] DASM 'upgrade' in progress
From: "Andrew Davie" <atari2600@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 15:30:42 +1100
Thanks to Eckhard for the diagnosis and suggestions.
I've just posted (http://www.atari2600.org/dasm) an update to the VCS.H
file/package which incorporates a new label (TIA_BASE_ADDRESS) which is used
for generation of the TIA addresses.  Normally, you don't worry about it -
TIA addresses now start at 0 - but if you want to do 3F-bankswitching,
define the constant with a value of $40, and that's your TIA base.
It's done using uninitialised segments, which gives cleaner code than adding
the base address to each hardware register.
The label can be defined as Eckhard suggests, or (what I do)
include -DTIA_BASE_ADDRESS=$40 in the assemble command-line when building
the code.
Cheers