Aw: Re: [stella] Fwd: Star Fire Release Candidate #04

Subject: Aw: Re: [stella] Fwd: Star Fire Release Candidate #04
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:40:00 +0200
Manuel wrote:
> Uhm... *confused* don't you say a few lines downwards that you don't get to
> see them anymore?

Sorry, I confused the names. I meant the normal ships (how to you call them?).
They also seem to move different now.

> Sounds fine. You can already switch any time right now and I think I might have
> enough room for a second score table. (I feel a general divide by 2 won't work
> that easy with BCD scores...)

Dividing by two may be a little to much. I would *guess* something around 2/3 is
quite fair, but this has to be veryfied by testing of course.

> See above. The spawning distribution is totally random, so maybe you just hit a
> heavy diamond phase? If you have 2-3 diamonds in a row and never shoot them,
> you never get to see a special ship.

Hm, I played al least three games up to wave 5 or more. No special ship at all.

How do you initialize the random number generator? Are you using a fixed value
or are you using INTIM (like Berzerk)?

> Not really a bug. But I can try to alter this, if you want to? ;-)

Hm, there is no logical reason why they should stop shooting. Except they are
drones that are guided by a mothership (like the Thargons in Elite), but then
we would need that mothership. ;-)

IMHO for the gameplay shooting is better, maybe even more aggressive to force
the player to the exit.

> I'm using the old DOS version too. Maybe it looks better on the newest WinZ26,
> I think I read something about an improved PAL palette there.
> I can only say that on my TV the PAL colors match almost exactly with the NTSC
> ones.

Z26 has been reported to have wrong PAL colors. If it looks ok on your TV, then
it should be ok. :-)

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

Jetzt bei WEB.DE FreeMail anmelden = 1qm Regenwald schuetzen! Helfen
Sie mit! Nutzen Sie den Serien-Testsieger. http://user.web.de/Regenwald