Re: [stella] Troubles with z26 v2.09

Subject: Re: [stella] Troubles with z26 v2.09
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:28:30 +0200
> I'm having a hard time with controls on z26 2.09 for windows..
> On my system (Win2k pro sp3), z26 v2.09 barely responds to keypresses. It
> looks like it's mouse-related since mouse control works fine, but it feels
> like the mouse input is kind of pushing keys input back so, every time I
> press a direction, the emulator either doesn't respond or just accepts the
> keypress but for a very short time, and then stops.

Which games do you have problems with, and does this affect all
keys or only those used for emulating the Atari joystick?

> Any ideas on what could be wrong?
> Is there a way of completely disabling mouse input for joystick emulation?

No, you can't disable mouse support completely. But the mouse
handling routine shouldn't be triggered unless the mouse is
actully moved. We didn't change the mouse code in quite a while,
so if there weren't any problems with older versions of z26,
I don't think the mouse is the causing this.

We added support for PC joysticks in version 2.08 though. The
joystick handler simulates keypresses, so this might cause your
problem. Do you have any joysticks connected to your PC? You
should be able to disable PC joystick support with the -j0
command line switch. Maybe this helps. If not, you could check
the archive on John's website and find out which version
intoduced this bug. All older releases should be available
from there. This would make it easier for us to find the
problem.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg