Re: [stella] Troubles with z26 v2.09

Subject: Re: [stella] Troubles with z26 v2.09
From: "Fabrizio Zavagli" <rasty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 22:41:35 +0200
Hi Eckhard,

you wrote:
> We added support for PC joysticks in version 2.08 though. The
> joystick handler simulates keypresses, so this might cause your
> problem. Do you have any joysticks connected to your PC? You
> should be able to disable PC joystick support with the -j0
> command line switch. Maybe this helps.

Aaahh that's it! I ran with -j0 and now everything seems to work fine!

Yes in fact I've got a joystick connected and so it seems to be the cause..
it's a 6-buttons microswitch joystick (I'm using a standard windows
6-buttons joypad driver).
Dunno why it's happening.. I checked and all autofires are off.. oh well!

Thanks a lot Eckhard, now I feel way more relaxed :)

BTW, just as a side request, I think it would be useful to have a switch to
disable atari joystick emulation throu mouse: it's pretty easy to
erroneously move the mouse once the emu is ran, and it could get pretty
confusing to see the player of the game you're working on move by mistake at
run time because of one mouse movement too much :)
(it happened to me a few times, then I realized it was because of the mouse
control!)

Thanks again for the fast answer and for solving my issue!

Regards,
Fabrizio.-